I was tagged by the lovely bitsandbobsinmybrain to complete the Christmas tag blog and I haven’t done one of these since I first started this blog two years ago. I think I either posted my first post on here inbetween Christmas and New year 2014 or, 1st January 2015. Oh… I’ve just realised that isn’t two, but THREE YEARS. Wow. If you know me for longer than this blog then, you’d know I’ve had previous blogs on different sites about different things like Graphics etc… but this is the only blog I’ve.. /KINDA/ stuck with.
Anyhow, it’s Christmas in 5 days… HOW? It’s just crazy how when it reaches September, the run up to Christmas happens SO. QUICKLY. So, I thought I’d answer some questions in a tag about how I spend my Christmas, what my fave things about Christmas are and some… truths.
I hope you enjoy, I love reading how others spend their Christmas season.
1. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?
No. We were never allowed to as kids. All Christmas gifts had to wait until Christmas morning. It’s even stuck to me through to my birthday as well. You know when you meet up with friends for a pre birthday celebration and the thought of opening gifts before the actual day, freaks me out.
2. Are you any good at wrapping presents?
Hell no. I am the absolute worst at wrapping up presents. 99% of the time, I wrap presents to -look- like a Christmas cracker… or so I think it does anyway.
3. What is your favourite Christmas film?
ELF! ELF ELF ELF. Although, this year was the first year I watched Love Actually and I throughly enjoyed that. Also, I love to watch The Holiday. I haven’t got round to watching Elf or The Holiday this year… seriously SLACKING.
4. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
Christmas Wrapping but Kylie Minogue’s version. No surprise there really tho, is there? I was so lucky to be able to go and see Kylie Christmas last year live in Royal Albert Hall and went absolutely crazy for that tune. I love how fast it is and love the lyrics. I do love 100 degrees as well. The song Dannii and Kylie released two years ago. It is a proper disco tune.
(Illustration of Dannii and Kylie I recently drew!)
5. Where do you usually spend Christmas?
In the AM I spend it in bed. When are you ever gonna have the excuse of laying in bed until midday, if it isn’t Christmas? Also, in new PJS. New PJS on Christmas Eve are my favourite thing and a tradition I have started for myself.
The afternoon I spend with my sister and my dad. Or shall I say, on my own? My sister has probably got up at silly o’clock and has gone to bed for the afternoon and my dad is more than likely fast asleep in the living room. Oh well, time to put on a Christmas film that’s on the box, although… I don’t find Shrek particularly Christmassy yet it’s always on?
Then we spend time with my nan and family. Having a few drinks and nibbly food. That is my fave, but how hard is it not eating all the food that you have for Christmas day in the run up?
6. Do you like giving gifts or receiving them?
I genuinely love gifting gifts. There is nothing like giving someone something you have worked hard to buy and thought hard about buying. This Christmas I am especially looking forward to giving the gifts from myself.
7. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
I love the run up but I don’t find it exciting. I love how everyone seems more happy. I honestly don’t like Christmas as a holiday. I find it giving so much pressure and to me it is fake. YES, I said it. BAH HUMBUG. However, getting to spend time with friends and family, seeing people enjoying the gifts you give to people and receiving cards in the post is my absolute favourite. (If you’re reading this and sent me a card in the post, thank you so much!)
8. When do you start getting excited for Christmas?
Probably midday on Christmas Day, knowing I’ll be getting some Christmas food and a drink, as well as spending time with family. I don’t find it exciting on the run up, although I do like waiting up until midnight to see it change from 24th to the 25th. Lame? I know.
9. What would be your dream place to visit for the Christmas season?
I’d genuinely like to experience an Australian Christmas. So I’ve heard from my friends in Australia, they still sing songs like Let It Snow in 40 degree heat. However, their Christmas cards don’t always feature snow and snowmen, but instead… santa on the beach. I’d love to experience a HOT Christmas.
10. Do you make any New Year’s resolutions? How good are you at keeping them?
I do but I don’t. They usually just goals I’ve set myself throughout the year already.
Here’s a few for next year:
- GET A GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB. Absolute number one priority of 2018.
- GO ON AN AIRPLANE. I’ve never been on an airplane or a ship or left the country.
- MA. If I don’t see any sign of getting a graphic design job by FEB, I may… apply for a Masters Degree. Who knows?
- VISIT OTHER PLACES IN THE UK. I have so many friends around the UK who I’ve never met, yet we live in the same country. Really need to sort that out.
- START MY OWN ETSY SHOP. I actually have a niche idea of designs I want to bring out, yet I’m so nervous I’ll invest in something and get nothing back, you know?
- NYE IN AUSTRALIA. That is the absolute dream. See 2019 in, in Australia.
Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a happier new year. I hope 2018 brings you all happiness, sparkle and magic.
Thank you for your support on my blog this year. I am so beyond grateful to everyone who has read my ramblings. I have exciting plans for 2018 and I hope they all come true.
Until 2018, see you.