We’ve finally left month of blues which is, January. I have seen many many posts on Twitter which people have said January is a trial month and February is the new ‘start’. It satisfies me a lot that today, the 1st of February has fell on a Monday.
Anyhow, if you find yourself feeling blue or down in the coming months here is five things I do when feeling down.
- Grab a cup of tea. I don’t know what it is about a cup of tea but it just instantly relaxes me. If you don’t like tea then try a hot chocolate or if you don’t like that then get your fave drink.. There’s nothing better than sitting with a magazine to read to take a break.
- Music. Listening to music which have the words similar to how I’m feeling can help a lot. I often do this and grab a bar of chocolate and just listen to the words and try to relax. If you can relate to lyrics then it gives you the security that maybe someone else is going through a similar situation. A few of my fave songs which mean a lot to me are: Fight Song – Rachel Playten, Warrior – Demi Lovato, Mean – Taylor Swift/Clean – Taylor Swift. If that kind of music doesn’t help then stick a dance song on and dance around your room! Always makes me feel better too!
- Talk to a friend. There’s nothing like a good chat with a friend when you’re feeling down. Chat to them and tell them how you feel. Most the time when I do this they bring you back up and make you smile or they’re feeling the same way so it’s a win win to get everything out and help eachother.
- Bath. When I’m at home and not at uni I try to have a bath. Being in a room no one else can get in with my favourite music playing and soaking away until my skin looks like elephant trunks (I got told that’s what it’s called when I was little lol) is so relaxing. Add a bath bomb and the world will be perfect again.
- Read or watch a film/TV show.Normally when I’m feeling down the dumps I don’t always want to be on social media. I feel a bit of a burden if I write about how sad I am, although sometimes I feel like my Twitter page is for anything for me to write on and I shouldn’t worry what other people think, but I do. Sometimes, however I do say how I’m feeling. We all are human after all and if you do that, that’s absolutely fine too. I often hide my phone away and grab a book. I’ve got two on the go at the moment and I’m not sure how or why I did that. Escaping to a fictional world is one of my favourite things to do. If you’re not a reader, which lets face it sometimes if you’ve been busy during the day you don’t always want to read stick your fave film on. That’s always a winner winner.
There you have it. That’s five things I do when I feel sad. I hope some of these tips can help you if you’re feeling a little under the weather and need a pick me up to relax. Let me know what you do when you’re sad and if you have any tips for what bath bomb is the best/music you listen to/books you read etc in the comments below.